Hello, and welcome to The Very Serious Crafts Podcast, Season 3: Episode 8 – New Starts, a Hoop Sleuth, and Emotional Support Bananas! Want to listen to the episode or read the show notes? You’re in the right place!
Embroiderers’ Guild of America
This episode of the Very Serious Crafts Podcast is brought to you by the Embroiderers’ Guild of America. EGA is a community of stitch-minded people who inspire passion for the needle arts through education and the celebration of its heritage. Join today to become a member of the community, gain access to educational opportunities, projects and more. Learn more at egausa.org.
The Very Serious Crafts Podcast, Season 3: Episode 8 – New Starts, a Hoop Sleuth, and Emotional Support Bananas
In season 3, episode 8 of the Very Serious Crafts Podcast, Heidi has a Netflix + craft recommendation, Mollie hunts for history, and Haley goes bananas. (Literally.)
Support The Very Serious Crafts Podcast on Patreon:
S3E8 Show Notes:
Here’s a roundup of the resources, patterns, and projects mentioned in this episode:
Mollie’s Starts and Finishes
- The Flora Jumper: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flora-jumper
Mollie’s Mom’s Long-Awaited Shawl:
Summer Reading Stitching Club:
Haley’s New Podcast
- The Bones & Bobbins Podcast:
Haley’s Secret Project in Progress:
Heidi’s Hopefully-Ordered Sewing Patterns
- The Hinterland Dress: https://sewliberated.com/products/hinterland-dress-pdf-sewing-pattern
The Reversible Metamorphic Dress:
Embroidery Hoop History
- Martha Stewart’s article about Helen A Harmes: https://www.marthastewart.com/1527184/meet-helen-harmes-invented-embroidery-hoop
- Helen’s patent application: https://patents.google.com/patent/US744070
- Lil Blue Boo’s helpful post about Gibbs Manufacturing’s hoops: https://www.lilblueboo.com/2016/04/vintage-sewing-supplies.html
- Mollie’s vintage Gibbs hoops:
Ready to subscribe? Head on over to our fancy Listen and Subscribe page to subscribe to the Very Serious Crafts Podcast via the app or podcast purveyor of your choice. We also have an option for subscribing directly via RSS feed, so our podcast should play quite nicely with most platforms! Thanks so much for listening!